XTricate for Confined Space Rescue
Death or serious injury in confined spaces happens in a wide range of industries, from those involving complex plant to simple storage vessels. Those killed include people working in the confined space and those who try to rescue them without proper training and equipment. "
Health and Safety laws state that a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks for all work activities must be carried out to decide what measures are necessary for safety. For work in confined spaces this means identifying the hazards present, assessing the risks and determining what precautions to take.
TyTek Medical’s XTricate is our technical rescue extrication and immobilization sleeve. It is ideal in confined space rescue and technical rescue scenarios. Its versatility allows both vertical and horizontal lifting and support. It immobilizes patients with neck or spinal injuries, as well as extricating patients in confined space rescue scenarios.
The Tulsi Foundation have used the XTricate to train over 1000 forest guards in 14 tiger reserves across India. Their Founder, Chet Trivedy said: “It’s a great, robust device. I have been extricated through the Jungle 43 times and it’s still going strong.”
As Chet discovered, it’s extremely durable and it has been independently lab tested to carry over 1,000lbs. It has one vertical lifting point and four horizontal lifting points for helicopter hoist capability, with five chest and leg straps and one fail safe strap which are secured with Mil Spec buckles.
- Simple, secure tech rescue immobilization/extrication sleeve with four horizontal and one vertical Mil Spec lifting-strap attachments
- Vertical lifting point D-Ring specs: 100% proof load tested @ 5,000lbs, Min tensile strength 5,000lbs, meets or exceeds PIA-H-7195, ANSI Z-359.2, and CSA Z-259.12-01
- 4 x Horizontal lifting point O-Ring specs: 100% proof load tested @2,500lbs, meets or exceeds PIA-H-7195
- Payload: 1,000lbs
- Independent lab tested with vertical lift failure point of over 10,000lbs and tested to a horizontal failure point of over >7,400
- Spine board compartment
- Removable head blocks with medic easy-access holes
- Adjustable head and chin straps
- Zippered storage compartments
- 12 Padded carry handles
- Replacement parts available: Head blocks, chin strap, and carrying case
- Easy to clean and waterproof
- Weight: 16lbs.